- All environmental and power systems are regularly maintained in accordance with support vendor and manufacturer recommendations. These actions include but are not limited to generator exercise runs, inspections and regular servicing, UPS inspections, fire suppression and smoke detection inspections and testing.
- All data center UPS are connected to on-site diesel generators to provide power in the event of a utility power failure.
- Up to two (2) 10-Gigabit Ethernet connections to DIS core network will be provided. These connections will be extended from the DIS Core Network to the designated rack location.
- Dual Fabric Storage Area Network (SAN) Fiber Channel connections for access to enterprise storage are available upon request.
- Subnet of IP addresses for use by customer
- Basic firewall services are also available
- Provide customer notification of planned data center maintenance activities, and notification of "out of normal" conditions that may impact customer equipment.
- DIS will provide 24x365 escorted access to the Data Center.
- During non-staffed hours DIS will dispatch personnel within 30 minutes of receipt of notification of request for facility access.
DIS Provided Racks
- Included as part of service offering
- DIS will provide a 42U rack, at the customer’s choice of locations, either State Data Center (SDC) - MAC or SDC West.
- Rack will be supplied with two in-rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs), each PDU will provide (36) C13, (6) C19 & (2) 5-20 connections. Please note all connections are 208V, except the 5-20s which are 110V.
- Each PDU will be connected to a different UPS to provide dual power feeds.
- Racks will be secured with card key access control system.
For Customer Supplied Racks
- DIS will provide two (2) power feeds, one from each UPS.
- DIS will provide the standard card key access control lock equipment used on a DIS standard rack. Custom adapters may be available from the lock manufacturer at additional cost to the customer.
- Subscribe to DIS CNS (http://cns.dis.arkansas.gov/) to receive notices about planned maintenance, and "out of normal" conditions. Please select Service Categories for State Data Center, MAC, and/or State Data Center West depending on where your equipment is located.
- Notify the DIS Command Bridge @ 501-682-4905 to gain access to Data Center.
- Provide a list of personnel that will be authorized to work on customer equipment.
- All persons entering either data center will be required to provide government issued photo ID prior to entry.
- Information about who to contact for issues related to the equipment.
- Provide DIS with electrical receptacle requirements in writing, 3 week minimum lead time, otherwise customer could incur manufacturer expedite fees.
- Provide all necessary in-rack network cabling.
- Provide all necessary in-rack power cabling.
The customer should expect a secure, environmentally friendly environment to host customer provided equipment. At the customer's request, DIS may provide additional professional and technical resources such as Disaster Recovery, Project Management, Software Analysis, Server Management and Support, and Software Testing, to assist with management, requirements identification, implementation, problem resolution, and enhancement support. Such costs are not included in the rates associated with this service.